Functional Neurology – Why consult us?
Our unique approach helps people improve and even recover from neurological problems.
Your nervous system is directly linked to everything you feel, everything you think, and everything you do. When it is not functioning optimally, it can have a devastating effect on your life and on the lives of all those around you.
Many of our new patients have been disappointed with other specialists they have seen. Many have lost hope and are skeptical as to how we may help them. It is typically through the encouragement of a satisfied patient or a doctor familiar with our results that they decide to consult us.
Our office treats everyone who walks through our door with the same respect and professionalism that we ourselves would want. You can rest assured that we will take the time to do a thorough exam, explain your condition fully and answer all your questions.
Who consults us?
Since the foundation of our treatments is based on improving how the nervous system works, a wide variety of conditions may be helped by our approach. Here is a list of some of the problems people have consulted us with:
– Concussion, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
– Movement disorders: Dystonia, torticollis, blepharospasm, tremor, myoclonus, tics, chorea, restless legs syndrome, stiff-man syndrome, etc.
– Ear and equilibrium problems: Vertigo, dizziness, motion sickness, Menière’s disease, ataxia, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), fear of falling, tinnitus, etc.
– Neurodevelopmental problems: Autism, attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD), Asperger’s, Tourette, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Pervasive developmental disorder (PDD), processing disorders, dyspraxia, learning disability, global developmental delay, etc.
– Headaches and pain syndromes: Migraine, cluster headache, tension headache, chronic pain, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), etc.
– Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders: Trigeminal neuralgia, Bell’s palsy, brachial plexus, disc herniation, canal stenosis, intermittent claudication, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, meralgia paresthetica, Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS), etc.
– Demyelinating diseases: Multiple sclerosis (MS), transverse myelitis, etc.
– Neurodegenerative diseases: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, dementia, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP), Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), etc.
– Cerebrovascular conditions: Stroke, Transient ischemic attack (TIA), etc.
– Non-diagnosed conditions: We also see numerous people who, despite having consulted other doctors and having undergone several tests, have not been given a satisfactory explanation of the cause of their problem.
For examples of how our approach can help various neurological conditions, please visit our Testimonials page.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you call us to schedule an appointment, please inform us that it is for a Functional Neurology consultation so that we may fully explain our procedures. You may be asked to send us copies of your medical reports, as well as other specific information that Dr. Freud will need to review prior to your first visit.